Every other year, the KNCV Dissertation Award is presented to the person who has done outstanding environmental (geo)chemical, environmental toxicological or environmental technological research in the preceding two years. Currently, the call is open for PhD theses defended between 1 July 2020 and 30 June 2022. The award consists of a certificate and a sum of 1500 euros, made available by the board of the Royal Netherlands Chemical Society (KNCV) and the board of the Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology section (MCT). The award ceremony will take place during the next MilieuChemTox symposium, which will take place on Thursday 6 April 2023.
In order to be eligible for the award, the following conditions apply:
- The candidate is author of a dissertation;
- The candidate’s dissertation must have been successfully defended, or has already been approved by a doctoral committee to be defended at a Dutch university;
- The research from the dissertation must have largely been conducted in the Netherlands;
- When the award is open for participation, the candidate needs to submit the following documents to the secretary of the board of MCT (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- A PDF of the PhD thesis
- A CV
- A completed nomination form
For more information on the procedure, please consult the regulations. The deadline for submitting a nomination is Wednesday 30 November 2022. The authors of the nominated PhD theses should be available on 6 April 2023 to present their research. We encourage (co)promotors, department heads and others to draw the attention of potential candidates to the dissertation award.